Monday, September 01, 2008

Hero Blog

You are to select a hero -- from movies, literature, or real life -- and identify its name, where it's from, and what heroic qualities it represents for you. As you complete the assignment, please sign my blog list (on the "paper table" beside my desk) so I will know where to find your work online!


Since I love books and movies so much, it's very hard for me to complete my own assignment! Two characters that come immediately to mind are Atticus Finch and King Arthur. But the one I will write about is Aslan from the Chronicles of Narnia. In reading these tales again as an adult, I find this symbolic depiction of Jesus to be emotionally grabbing as well as theologically illuminating. He is regal, wise, kind, and frighteningly fierce, all at the same time.

No comments: